Wednesday 17 February 2010

Tomorrow's our big day

Life has been a little busy since Saturday but tomorrow is our big day.

The responses I've been getting from people as I've been canvassing have been great; I can hardly believe how many people have said they will vote for me though it isn't surprising that most people are thoroughly disillusioned with the three main parties at the moment.
The combination of neglect from the Lib Dems and Tories in local government (most see it as the Lib Dems here as all three of our councillors have been lib Dem for a while) and the complete farce we are seeing in central government with Labour further right than the Conservatives, the banking mess, the schools fiasco, the increasingly unpopular wars we should never have been involved in anyway, the expenses scandal and the widening gap between rich and poor, means that nobody has anything good to say about any of them, never mind giving them their votes.

My team has worked really hard and I am so proud to be part of it, whether we win or not we know we have put our all into this fight and deserve every vote we get.

See you all tomorrow bright and early!

1 comment: