Tuesday 26 January 2010

Leeds Schools Together

Another day on the telephone.
I used to avoid the telephone at all costs but now I can't seem to escape from it.

I'm getting to know a lot of good people though and bumping into a few old friends I haven't heard from in a while.
Today Trevor Bavage called from the AGS and it took us a good 5 minutes to figure out we knew each other from a club my son used to go to.

This evening was the last Leeds Schools Together meeting before the City of Leeds public meeting which will be at 7pm on February 10th at City of Leeds School, Bedford Field, Woodhouse Cliff.

Tonight was very well attended with a student and her parents from Primrose, as well people from Parklands both of which are going to become academies if Education Leeds goes through with the current proposals. Parklands will also lose its status as Leeds' only girls school and become a coeducational school to serve the new housing on that side of Leeds.

Kathleen Gallagher came from City to tell us what the staff are doing (which is a lot) and I told the meeting about our plan to advertise the public meeting on a leaflet going out with my election address so every household in the ward will know about the threat to City and the public meeting.

It really does feel like the campaign is getting off the ground now and I'm just about ready for it. I'm amazed at the level of support I'm getting, I think some of the political parties might be quite surprised how strong we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment